If you are in search of a system through which your entire mobile phone contacts and data can be synced securely to a reliable spot on the web, then the Verizon Backup Assistant utility gives exactly what you need. Backup Assistant is a mobile address book backup service from Verizon. With the Backup Assistant utility, you can retrieve important contact information and data from your cell phone in case it is lost or damaged, and store the backup information securely on your Verizon webpage. Backup Assistant also enables you to restore the saved address book on to your new mobile phone wirelessly. Apart from serving as a safe and efficient Backup service, the Verizon Backup assistant also helps to view, add/remove, edit and print your contact details online and export the changes to your mobile phone with a single click.
Why do you need Backup Assistant?
Backup assistance is a term which we commonly relate to computers, mobile phones, CDs and other technological devices meant for data storage. Most of us do realize what havoc it can cause, if one morning the PC shows a critical error message and refuses to open up the folders that contain valuable documents and data. To avoid the chaos and to ensure that our resources are safe, we prefer backup assistance. And when it comes to the new generation mobile phones, backup assistance has even greater relevance, for a broken-down cell phone would mean a total loss of contacts, both personal and official, and you would have to build up your address book all over again.
Features of Backup Assistant
Backup Assistant is one beneficial backup utility which actually duplicates your phonebook and data to store it safely in the web. This service incorporates many features and syncs them ideally to preserve important information from getting lost. The prime features of the Backup assistant are:
- Automatic or manual backup: With the Backup assistant service, you can automatically or manually sync new contacts from your device to your online address book. The contacts can be added either on a daily basis or manually, as per your preference.
- Online editing: Apart from automatic and manual backup of your address book, the Backup assistant utility enables online editing of your contacts. You can add, remove, view, edit or print your contact information by simply logging on to your ‘My Verizon’ page and accessing your online address book.
- Transfer of contacts: Easy import and export of contacts to and fro your online address book and mobile phone is one exceptional feature of the Backup Assistant. Changes made in your online address book can be reflected back in your mobile phone instantly, with a single click. So, even if your phone is lost or damaged, or if you intend to switch to a new device, backup assistant will certainly help you in rebuilding your address book.
How to get Backup assistant?
Backup assistant is a free service which you can install into any Backup assistant compatible device. You can verify if your device is compatible with the Backup assistant by visiting your ‘My Verizon’ page. Almost all modern mobile phones are compatible with Backup assistant and these include the basic mobile phone models, most android smartphones and BlackBerry phones. If you find that your device is Backup assistant compatible, you can visit the Verizon Wireless webpage and register as a new user. After logging in, you need to search for the contact transfer instructions listed under your device name. Simply follow the prompts and install Backup assistant into your device. After setting up the Backup assistant in your mobile phone, you can choose to schedule backups on a daily basis, save and export contact information, access your address book from anywhere across the globe and arrange your contacts online. You can even use the Backup assistant to support your tablet and backup its data.
Using the Backup Assistant
After installing and setting up the Backup Assistant on to your mobile phone, you can choose to perform different operations with your contacts. Backup assistant enables you to create an online duplicate address book, restore your old contacts and phonebook as it is to your new or upgraded device and manage your phonebook by adding, removing or editing contact information.
- Backing up contacts: With the Backup assistant, you can set automatic or manual daily schedules for backing up your mobile phone contacts. There are product-specific instructions for backing up contacts on different brands of mobile phones. To carry out a manual backup of contacts, you need to open the Backup assistant application on your phone and select ‘Backup Now’. Else, you can set daily backup schedules by opening the backup assistant application, choosing ‘Schedule’ from ‘Options’ and then selecting ‘Recurring Sync’. Depending upon the timeframe you set for backup and depending upon the number of times you edit your device’s phonebook, the system automatically backs up your contact data.
- Restoring contacts: You can choose to restore your contacts when you have switched to a new device or upgraded your old one. Like while backing up contacts, you need to ensure that your new device is compatible with Backup assistant and that you have previously associated your old device with the Backup assistant service. To restore the contacts onto your new device, open the Backup Assistant application, enter the password and select ‘Restore’. With this, your new device automatically connects with your online address book and syncs the contacts between each other.
- Managing contacts: Managing contacts with Backup assistant is simple. All that you have to do to manage your contacts online is visit your ‘My Verizon’ page, log in, and make the desired changes. Adding, deleting, editing and viewing contacts online with the Backup assistant makes contacts management much easier and quick.
Thanks to the Backup assistant, you now don’t have to worry about the security of your precious phonebook contacts. To safeguard your phonebook and to make it accessible from any part of the world, the Backup Assistant utility is inevitably essential.